September 29th, 2009

More Pictures

Read the rest of this entry »

September 29th, 2009

Stairs and Siding

Yesterday work started on our stairs.  The landing has been in for a few days, but now we have stairs going from it to the first floor and down to the basement. Read the rest of this entry »

September 26th, 2009

Panels Complete

Yesterday the last of our panels were installed.  So now with the exception of the screening around our roof garden, we have a complete volume.  And with the exception of our doors and windows, we have a complete envelope. Read the rest of this entry »

September 18th, 2009

The Beginnings of a Second Floor

Another busy day today.  Our second floor began to go up and I wandered around in the future bedroom and roof garden a little this afternoon.  There has been a lot of progress in the three full days of panel installation, and now we have a little time off.  Not just the weekend, but our framers have to go to a different job site for a couple of days and won’t be back until Wednesday.  At this rate though, the three days of work next week might be enough to finish the framing.

Read the rest of this entry »

September 16th, 2009

Panel Installation Day Two

Productive day, we met with our engineer this morning and figured out a few details, and almost all of the first floor panels went up.

Read the rest of this entry »

September 15th, 2009


Over the course of a rather nutty morning, our panels arrived and were unloaded…  One day late.

Read the rest of this entry »

September 9th, 2009

Framing day 2

Today framing was finished up for the basement and our first floor subfloor decking went on allowing us for the first time to wander around where on our first floor.  This gets everything ready for the panels to show up on Monday.

Read the rest of this entry »

September 8th, 2009

Framing day 1

More on our framing tomorrow when we expect to be done with conventional framing.  For today, here are some pictures.

Read the rest of this entry »

September 7th, 2009


We have a slab now.  Its actually been a couple days since our slab went in.  Mostly successful and way under budget…  The one issue is that the stairs into the root cellar were repeatedly done incorrectly and are in the wrong place right now.  In all fairness, we changed the stair condition a little so the plan set they had initially didn’t adequately communicate what was going on.  But the fact that there were no questions from them and they formed up stairs in a way that didn’t meet code or follow structural details tells me that they never even looked at the plans.  Then we got them pretty good details of the stairs on Friday, they re-formed the stairs and poured, and they were still wrong.  Fortunately they’re wrong in a way that we can pour new stairs on top, or frame out stairs correctly.

Read the rest of this entry »

This work is licensed under GPL - 2009 | Powered by Wordpress using the theme aav1